Gambling Commission protects gamblers from misleading advertising.
This article is written as a summary of the events that have taken place on the UK gambling seen among online casinos. During the fall of 2017 Gambling Commission in the UK has been very active in their mission to ensure safe and fair gambling is practised by the online casino with a license in the UK. The background of this offensive is the online casinos way of promoting gambling in general and their bonuses especially.
– It has been common rather than rare that the online casinos promote gambling in a context where it appears as a decent way of earning money, in some cases, it even seems highlighted as a good way of making money.
– Some casinos have chosen the gamification niche. By using characters that you, when gambling, explore an adventure together with. This has resulted in a profile that appeals to children and underaged which is definitely not the target group for online casinos.
– Casinos are offering free gifts, such as free spins or free money, with the pretence of it being real money. Bonus terms and conditions do often show that it’s not the case.
– Bonus money at casinos are often limited to use at certain slots games and has a winning cap.
– It’s now prohibited to use any type of characters that could appeal children. Examples are funny comic characters or cartoon animals. Note that this applies to the external marketing and can still be used behind a secure login.
– Online casinos can not promote playing at their casino as a way of earning money. Neither are they allowed to glorify gambling in ways that imply it would lead you to a luxurious life.
– When *wagering requirements apply to bonus money it has to be visual along with the bonus offer.
– Casino bonuses that are ruled by terms and conditions must have ”Terms & Conditions” visual along with their promotion.
– The word free cannot be used if it takes a deposit to get out the winnings made from a free bonus.
What is the UK Gambling Commission?
The Gambling Commission has its roots in 2005 when the ”Gambling Act 2005” gained legal force. They are regulating the commercial gambling in the United Kingdom in partnership with the licensing authorities. Gambling Commission also regulates the National Lottery based on the ”National Lottery Act 1993”.
What are its mission and responsibility?
The Gambling Commission works to maintain a safe and fair gambling environment. They make sure licensed online casinos are following regulations which consist of the following;
– Marketing and promotion must be in line with terms of marketing
– Games must fulfil payout standards and be proven fair.- Casinos must work with **responsible gambling in a desirable and pronounced manner.
* Wagering Requirement is a way for a casino to get a control over bonus money they give away. For example, if you get £10 in bonus money and the wagering requirement is 25x you need to turn around £250 to make that first £10 to withdrawable money.
** Responsible Gambling is a regulation where online casinos do not let players with a sign of gambling addiction continue to play. The casino shall also encourage players to make budgets for their gambling and provide information where help can be found in case of gambling addiction.
Article by: Bonusland.co.uk